Mix this in a bowl, you’ll need it later:
Brown Sugar/Cinnamon Mixture:
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk or almond milk
- 2 apples any kind, peeled and chopped , mixed with 2 tablespoons granulated sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon (recommend great, big honey crisps)
Whip this up at the end when it’s in the oven:
Old-Fashioned Creme Glaze
- 1/2 cup of powdered sugar (recommend a little extra)
- 1-3 tablespoons of milk or cream- depending on thickness of glaze wanted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Use a 9×5-inch loaf pan and spray with non-stick spray or line with foil and spray with non-stick spray to get out easily for slicing.
- Mix brown sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl. Set aside.
- In another medium-sized bowl, beat white sugar and butter together using an electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, until blended in; add in vanilla extract.
- Combine & whisk flour and baking powder together in another bowl and add into creamed butter mixture and stir until blended.
- Mix milk into batter until smooth.
- Pour half the batter into the prepared loaf pan; add half the chopped apple mixture.
- Sprinkle 1/2 of the brown sugar/cinnamon mixture you set aside earlier, on top of apple layer. (I’m more generous on the top layer instead of them middle)
- Pour the remaining batter over apple layer and top with remaining chopped apples, then the remaining brown sugar/cinnamon mixture.
- Lightly pat apples into batter; swirl brown sugar mixture through apples using knife or spoon.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean, approximately 60 minutes.
- To make glaze, mix powdered sugar and milk or cream together until well mixed.
- Let cool for about 15 minutes before drizzling with glaze.
- Think adding nuts would be a nice touch.