This is originally from Natasha Bakes on Pinterest and I’ve made modifications to the recipe to make it my own. It’s the most moist banana bread recipe I’ve had to date, and the middle almost seems on the verge of raw. When I tell you there’s parts of it that could be eaten with a spoon, I mean it – so only enjoy this one if you like your bread as moist as imaginable. Some like it hot, some like cold…
Calories: 350 kcal
Servings: 10 slices
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (8 Tbsp), softened
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 3 bananas (very ripe)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips divided + 2 tablespoons added on top to make it extra pretty!
- Preheat Oven to 350˚F. Butter and flour a bread loaf pan (9.25″L x 5.25″W x 2.75″D)
- In a mixing bowl using paddle attachment, cream together 1/2 cup softened butter and 2/3 cup sugar. Add 2 lightly beaten eggs.
- Mash bananas with a fork until consistency of chunky applesauce and add them to the mixing bowl along with 1/2 tsp vanilla extract. Mix until blended.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together dry ingredients: 1 1/2 cups flour, 1 tsp baking soda and 1/2 tsp salt. Add to mixing bowl and mix until incorporated.
- Fold in 3/4 cup chocolate chips then transfer to prepared bread pan. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup chocolate over the top and bake at 350˚F for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let banana bread rest 10 min before transferring to a wire rack to cool.