It started with finding almond flour in the pantry and not knowing what to make with it. And resulted in the best Blondies ever.
While I’m a firm believer that brownies are better from a box than from a “from scratch” recipe, I feel the opposite about Blondies bars. These were so dense, soft on the inside, browned on the edges, chocolatey and flavorful. It’s just all around a great recipe, and by sheer luck, it’s also healthy-ish.
The protein powder may seem like a strange move, but after a few batches of different variations, the vanilla protein powder was what made the difference. I would be selective in what protein powders you use, as this one is incredible fine and designed for using in baked recipes. And the flavor is amazing, unlike most protein powders (in my opinion). If you are not a protein powder fan, you can replace that part of the recipe with vanilla pudding mix.
This recipe is just what you need when you’re craving that thick bite of decadence, when it hits you out of nowhere and you need to work with what you’ve got on hand, and quick. The prep time for this, with a mixer, is shy of 10 minutes, and the bake time is about 20, so it’s only about 30 minutes of effort for a week worth of deliciousness (…or sometimes it only lasts a few hours, let’s be honest).
Healthy Chocolate Chunk Blondies
- 3/4 c Almond Flour (I used Nutstop’s)
- 3/4 c Vanilla Protein Powder (I used Iconic of course)
- 1/2 c Sugar (I used Monk Fruit Sweetener!)
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2 Tbsp Nut Butter (I used Nutzo multi nut butter!)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- Dash of salt
- Chocolate Chunks/Chips – How ever many you like, whatever kind you prefer! (I used dark Hu Chocolate Gems!)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all of the ingredients except the chocolate chunks. Mix it all up well before folding in the chocolate chunks.
- Once ingredients are properly mixed, spread them into a greased brownie pan evenly. Be sure to add a few more chunks of chocolate on top, then place it in the oven for 20 minutes, or until the edges are golden.
- Upon taking your Blondies out, give them 10 or so minutes to cool before diving in.