- 8 ounces feta cheese (A block, this is typically the size basic feta is sold in. If it’s an ounce more or less, don’t sweat it, just throw in the block & make it easy on yourself)
- Approximately 1/4 c plain greek yogurt (I used full fat)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- About a tsp of garlic
- Salt & Pepper
- Fresh lemon juice
Throw all the ingredients in to a high speed blender & blend away! That’s it. But check out some of these notes below.
- Add the salt, pepper, garlic and lemon juice to your personal liking, or don’t add at all.
- Remove half the amount of garlic and lemon juice and add honey for a sweet & salty treat. Spread it on toast, add fruit – voila!
- This is a lighter version of whipped feta. There are so many recipes out there & no doubt they are all amazing. I chose to opt out of the sour cream, cream cheese, & ricotta based recipes, and went for full fat Greek yogurt. I figured this will go with Greek food, why not pair it with Greek yogurt… Lol my logic.
- You might find that the dish you are pairing it with is lemony or garlicy enough already, so don’t feel like you need to add these ingredients. What matters is that some olive oil, feta, & creamy fat of some sort (I chose yogurt) are blended together into a whippy, beautiful consistency that will leave your taste buds wondering why you haven’t been enjoying this your entire life. You also might find that the cheese is salty enough, and opt out of adding that too. Do you!
- You can try this with other soft cheeses. I’ve tried it with goat cheese, and plan to maybe experiment with mascarpone, ricotta, Trader Joe’s Stilton & maybe even Brie…
- This can be served in so many ways, from a base layer beneath a fancy cooked meal, to a salad, cut up veggies, crackers… just on a spoon… JK who would ever do that, ha. Ha. Ha….. 😉