So I’m clearly on a “raw” kick with the batters and edible cookie doughs lately. This one might take the cake though! Or the brownie, rather…
It’s almost too easy to make sense. No bake, no microwave, no equipment, no nothing. Just 4 ingredients, a bowl, and a spoon.
This has become my new go to anytime I crave chocolate. I might as well rephrase that sentence as, “This has become my post dinner dessert every other day for the last few weeks”. I have no shame!
I hope it cures your sweet tooth, too and that you love it! It’s thick and decadent, and even nutritious-ish? I’m also a proponent of the philosophical reasoning that chocolate is good for you. Both for your body and soul. I can’t back it up, but I just know that’s true.
- 1/3 c oat flour (or rolled oats if you are going to be blending your ingredients)
- 2 Tbsp Cacao Powder
- 3 Tbsp Sweetener (Sugar, Monkfruit Sweetener, Maple Syrup OR 3 pitted dates if you will blending your ingredients instead of mixing by hand)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Optional toppings: Sprinkles, nut butter, chopped nuts, whipped cream
- Combine 4 ingredients in a bowl with a spoon.
- Let it sit for 5-10 minutes to thicken (if you can wait that long!)
- Top it with whatever you like, or just dive right in & enjoy!
- If you decide you would rather have it warmed, I recommend not over microwaving it, as it will cook a bit & that ruins the “batter” effect. That said, maybe you’re into that, in which case, by all means, microwave away (no more than 30 seconds)
- My personal preference is putting it in the fridge for a bit to make it somewhat cold. And I like to add whipped cream to mine when it’s time to enjoy.
- Don’t leave out the salt. It really brings out the flavor and it’s v important.
- Stuff homemade Nutella in there for an added decadence (see my IGTV video) 🙂