- 1 cup oat flour (rolled oats blended to powder form in high power blender)
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup apple butter (apple sauce works too)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 scoop protein powder (I used Iconic Chocolate Truffle, I’ve also used Iconic Vanilla Bean)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp milk (I used almond milk)
- 1 tsp nut butter (I used almond butter)
- 1.5 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 tbsp Fat Free Reddi Wip
- Optional: Banana slices, nut butter, maple syrup for topping
1. In a blender, combine oat flour, bananas, apple butter, baking powder, protein powder, vanilla, milk, and nut butter. Blend until batter consistency forms, then remove from power & fold in 1 cup of blueberries, setting the additional 1/2 cup to the side for topping & extra blueberries while the pancake cooks, for those that could use a few extra bluebs 🙂
2. With a 1/4 cup measuring cup, cook each pancake on your greased stove top. When each pancake takes shape on the pan, add blueberries as you desire, and flip it using a turner when bubbles begin to rise & other side appears slightly golden/brown.
3. When you’ve run out of batter, scraping the sides of the blender with a spatula for the remains, with your sweet smelling stack in front of you, it’s time to top with your Fat Free Reddi Wip, along with your desired additional toppings.
- I find that pancakes are a lot like toast, s’mores, or meat, in the sense that everyone likes theirs cooked to their own desired color/level of done-ness
- Your choice of nut butter, milk & protein powder will change the flavor. I recommend having fun with it, trying different types out and finding your favorite flavor combos.
- For a quick clean up tip, add warm soap and water to your blender and run it at high speed for 30 seconds so it can essentially clean itself up!